Serving the community for 25 years
For 25 years, Yerin has been providing primary health care to the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community on the Central Coast of NSW. Yerin is a community controlled Aboriginal Health Service and provides health care services in a culturally safe environment.
Yerin is the supporting organisation for the Eleanor Duncan Aboriginal Health Centre, a medical centre for the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community. Yerin is responsible for securing funding for the Eleanor Duncan Aboriginal Health Centre and providing the centre with administration support. This allows the staff of the Eleanor Duncan Aboriginal Health Centre to focus on providing quality, culturally appropriate health services to our community.
The Eleanor Duncan Aboriginal Health Centre provides medical services to our community through our Doctors, Primary Health Nurses, Aboriginal Health Practitioners, Psychologists, Early Childhood Nurses and Mid-Wives and a range of Allied Health Specialists.
Yerin also provides a range of other services to our clients
- Supporting clients to engage with and navigate the mainstream health system
- Advocating for clients in the mainstream health system
- Transporting clients to and from appointments
- Helping clients manage their chronic health issues
- Working with clients to improve their wellbeing (lifestyle and mental health)
- Empowering clients to quit smoking, drink less alcohol and stop using drugs
- Working with families to give our kids the best start in life.