This is an exciting opportunity for a skilled and enthusiastic GP with a commitment to meeting the health and wellbeing needs of our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
The Central Coast is a great lifestyle choice for professionals and young families with picturesque beaches, affordable housing, quality educational and sporting facilities, diverse employment opportunities, outstanding health facilities and community services
- The region is serviced by two large acute metropolitan hospitals, Gosford and Wyong
Situated an ideal 1-hour drive from Sydney, 1 hour from Newcastle and 1 hour from the beautiful Hunter Valley
- Modern shopping conveniences, sporting clubs, aquatic centres, parks and outdoor recreational activities
Yerin is an AGPAL accredited practice offering comprehensive care and services including chronic disease management, mental health, antenatal care, women and men’s health, screening and early intervention for children and young people and supportive care to elders through our Transdisciplinary team. The team consists of:
- General Practitioners and Practice Nurses
- Aboriginal Health Practitioners and Aboriginal Health Workers
- Psychologists, counsellors
- Diabetes Educator
- Midwife and Childhood Nurse
- Visiting Specialists (Endocrinologist, Pediatricians and Psychiatrist)
- Visiting Allied Health (Dietitian, Optometrist, Physiotherapist, Podiatrist, Speech Pathologist)
Yerin also provides a range of community programs to support access to primary care services, and to support prevention and early intervention for the community we serve.
Benefits of Working with Us
- A competitive remuneration package with generous incentives including salary packaging, paid cultural training, staff development, team bonding days and additional in-kind end of year paid leave
- Joining our widely respected clinical team leading the way in Aboriginal health and innovative models of care
- A passionate and close-knit GP group with peer to peer support and monthly educational or clinical meetings
- A highly rewarding role addressing the general health and wellbeing needs of clients and families, often requiring a complex coordinated response from multiple team members
- Full nursing support (chronic disease management, health assessments, immunisations, cervical screening etc)
- Cultural supervision, cultural proficiency training and team-building workshops
- Potential for teaching and education of medical students and GP registrars
- Active research opportunities (current collaborative relationships with the University of Newcastle, BreastScreen NSW, Menzies School of Health Research and Hunter Medical Research Institute)
- An opportunity to influence both in-house and outreach service delivery to our community
- Opportunity to work at our outreach clinic at Umina Beach
- Flexible working arrangements, we are offering positions from 2-5 days a week
- Eligible DPA location- The Aboriginal Medical Service is a DPA exemption service, under the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Primary Health Services Exemption rules.
- AHPRA-registered General Practitioner with VR status, unrestricted or working towards fellowship.
- Previous Australian general practice experience
- A passion and commitment to working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Current medical indemnity and CPR certificate
- Previous experience working in Aboriginal Health
How to Apply
For a confidential discussion about the position or to request a position description, please contact Jessica Wheeler on 0422 179 970 or email email@example.com.