Have a say in how Yerin is run
Members of Yerin Aboriginal Health Service can have a say in how the organisation is run, participate in Board elections and are empowered to strengthen their connection with the local Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander community.
Members are entitled to
- Vote on positions of the Board
- Be elected to the Board
- Guide and support the Board
- Participate in the Annual General Meeting.
To become a member of Yerin, you must be
- Accepted by the local Aboriginal Darkinjung community as being an Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander person
- At least 18 years old
- Living in the Central Coast local government area
- Supported by two current Yerin members
- Approved by Yerin’s Board.
How to apply to become a Yerin member
To apply to become a Yerin member:
Once you have completed your application form and have proof of your Aboriginality, age and residence, send it to: The Secretary, PO Box 466, Wyong, NSW 2250 or email it to us.
What happens after you make your application?
After you submit your application, the Secretary will check your application to make sure it is complete and meets the eligibility requirements.
If your application is not complete or there are some questions about eligibility, someone from Yerin will contact you about your application.
If your application is complete and you meet the eligibility requirements, your application will be considered at the next Board meeting. At the Board meeting, members will consider your application and vote on whether to approve your application or not.
After the meeting, the Secretary will contact you in writing about the outcome of your application.