Health is more than just not being sick
Health is more than just not being sick. It is about feeling good physically and mentally, being connected to culture and not being addicted to harmful substances (e.g. smoking, drugs or alcohol).
When someone comes to Yerin, we work with them to address their physical, spiritual, emotional, social, economic and cultural needs.
To do this, we have our Health Services and Community Programs. Our Health Services treat the physical wellbeing of our clients, while our Community Programs support clients to access primary care and empower them to live happy and healthy lives.
Yerin Aboriginal Health Services’ highly trained, professional staff has been providing heath care to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people on the Central Coast for more than 20 years.
Yerin provides comprehensive primary care to patients, including:
- Chronic disease management
- Mental health
- Pregnancy and women’s health
- Men’s health
- Screening and early intervention for children and young people
- Specialist care for Elders.
Our Medical Services team includes:
- General Practitioners and Practice Nurses
- Midwife and Childhood Nurse
- Visiting Specialists (Addiction Specialists, Endocrinologist, Pediatricians and Psychiatrist)
- Visiting Allied Health (Diabetes Educator, Dietitian, Optometrist, Physiotherapist, Podiatrist and Speech Pathologist).
Yerin also runs an outreach clinic on Tuesdays and Thursdays at the Nunyara Aboriginal Health Unit at the Gosford Hospital.These services include:
- Primary medical care (Doctors)
- Chronic disease care
- Hospital liaison
- Pregnancy, child and family health
To book an appointment at our outreach clinic in Gosford, please call (02) 4351 1040.